Ligament Injury Treatment
Do you have ligament injury then visit the Vivek Physiotherapy Centre in Mansarovar, Jaipur, Rajasthan for the better Physical Therapy Exercises or Physiotherapy Treatment for Ligament Injury.
- Our expertise help you to treat your Ligament injury.
- Vivek Physiotherapy Centre is well equipped physiotherapy and rehabilitation centre in Jaipur.
- You can get appointments from 8 am – 12 pm, Monday to Sunday.
REQUEST A CALL BACK NOW!
What is a Ligament Injury?
Ligaments are short bands of tough, flexible tissue, made up of lots of individual fibres, which connect the bones of the body together. Ligaments can be found connecting most of the bones in the body. The function of a ligament is to provide a passive limit to amount of movement between your bones.
What are the Symptoms of Ligament Tear?
The ligament tear symptoms could range from being mild to severe. This would depend on the overall severity of the sprain or injury and if the ligament has been torn partially or completely. If there is mild spraining in the ligament, you might not experience any major symptoms. For the partial or complete ligament tear, the symptoms might include the following:
- Swelling of the knee joint –especially the outer region.
- Soreness or pain in the outside portion of the knee joint.
- Stiffness in the knee joint that could result in locking of the knee.
- Instability of the knee joint –having the feeling that it will come out.
- Lack of the normal range of motion in the legs.
- Bruising in or around the knee
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT HERE
What are the Treatments for Ligament Tear?
When you are diagnosed with a ligament tear or LCL injury, you might have to take complete bed rest for a few days. Some of the additional treatments that your doctor might suggest include:
Physical Therapy: The professional physical therapist might suggest some specific movements or exercises that will help in strengthening your muscles around the knee joint.
Surgery: If there is a complete ligament tear, then you might have to undergo surgery to repair the same. The surgeon might have to stitch up the torn ligament or attach the same to the bone to where it has been attached previously. This would depend on the level of damage done to the LCL.
Home Remedies for Ligament Tear
For minor ligament tears and sprains, you can practice some first-aid home remedies. The remedies might include putting an ice pack on the injured area, wrapping up the same with an elastic band, elevating the region, and staying off the leg for some time.